Expert Round Table – Ukraine
On April 19, 2018 in Manheim an economic forum “Expert round table – Ukraine” was hosted. The event was held under the patronage of the German-Ukrainian-industrial and commercial chamber. The round table was attended by representatives of business circles of Ukraine and Germany, who had more than one year experience in the development of German-Ukrainian economic ties:
– Andreas Lier, the managing director of BASF Ukraine; President of the AHC Ukraine, Kiev
– Bernd Würth, CEO of Deutsche Bank Ukraine; Member of the Board of AHK Ukraine, Kiev
– Thomas Otten, the director, Otten Consulting; Member of the Board of AHK Ukraine, Kiev
– Dr. Wolfram Geertner, the director of Northern and Eastern Europe, Central Asia, HeidelbergCement AG, Heidelberg
– Petra Vermke, an independent expert on approvals and certifications, Berlin
The main topic on the agenda was the increase in trade turnover between Ukraine and Germany. In particular, the increase in exports from Germany to Ukraine by 20% over the past 2 years.
There was also discussed the positive impact of the “Association Agreement” on business climate and possible ways to increase goods turnover between the two states.